We're pleased to offer the following services at Oates Veterinary Clinic, Inc.
- Wellness and Preventive Medicine
- Routine Small Animal Medical and Surgical Services
- Advanced Surgical Procedures
- Elective Surgeries and Orthopedics
- Anesthesia monitoring equipment (Pulse Ox, apnea monitor, esophageal stethoscope)
- Complete Dental Care and X-Ray Services
- Surgical laser
- Class IV Therapy Laser (used to treat inflammation, infections and reduce acute and chronic pain)
- Medical Diagnostics and Hospitalized Treatment
- On-site diagnostics: CBC, general profile, electrolytes, endocrine testing (T4, cortisol,etc.)
- Diagnostic Ultrasonography (endoscopy available)
- Pregnancy Ultrasonography
- Dietary and Nutritional Counseling
- Geriatric Care
- Behavior Consultations
- Humane Euthanasia
- Pet cremation with optional courtesy clay paw prints
- Complete veterinary pharmacy including many holistic medications
- Pet Food and Supplies
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Please tell the receptionist what needs to be discussed or examined so we can schedule enough time for your pet. If you request a particular doctor then you may be limited to certain days when that doctor is in the clinic.
If you have an ill animal that must be seen, and we have no open appointments for that day, then we will ask that you leave your pet here for a few hours and fill out a "drop off" form. Doctors often have small amounts of time in between other appointments or surgeries where they can examine your pet and contact you with what they find. Some clients prefer this anyway because they work during the day and cannot make our usual appointment times. Please let us know how we can best assist you.
We have multiple veterinarians, veterinary technicians and assistants to help with emergency situations. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us and then come to the hospital immediately. It is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency and we can properly prepare for your arrival.
We stay open until 7pm on weekdays and until 2 pm on Saturday, but occasionally animals require care after normal business hours. A doctor can almost always be reached by calling our regular number and you will be given an emergency number to call. If you have an emergency and cannot reach a doctor please call the West Central Ohio Veterinary Emergency Service at (419) 221-0269. The WCOVES hospital will fax all of our patients' records to us so that they can be added to our files. We rarely are unreachable but are glad that we have this backup option should an emergency arise.